Knights Templar

A Star Trek Online Fleet Community.

Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Greetings from 12th Fleet!
10/2/2013, 1:30 pm by [12th]Lupy

» New forum
17/11/2010, 10:22 am by Coco

» Fleet / Team listings
15/11/2010, 1:14 pm by MaQogh

» Fleet Rep's contact details
7/11/2010, 3:52 pm by Valentine Fox

» End of season 1 (including the EoS Event!)
3/11/2010, 6:27 pm by Blackknight8x

» Hall of Fame
1/11/2010, 8:45 pm by Blackknight8x

» Thoughts So Far
1/11/2010, 7:57 pm by Reuster

» Match details
1/11/2010, 4:07 pm by Ghost_2012

» Match results
1/11/2010, 4:38 am by Valentine Fox

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 26821 messages in 2457 subjects

We have 289 registered users

The newest registered user is GEIMENC


    Second part of mmorpg preview

    Share
    avatar
    Coco
    Admin

    Number of posts : 2644
    Age : 45
    Location : Belgium
    Registration date : 2008-11-25
    Medals :

    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Vulcan

    Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by Coco on 28/12/2009, 8:15 pm

    This second part of their preview focuses on the skill system, character progression, ship customization and bridge officers, grouping/social systems, PvP and items. Read all about here.
    avatar
    Crazy01

    Number of posts : 1237
    Age : 32
    Location : New York (Staten Island)
    Registration date : 2009-12-14
    Medals :
    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Human

    Nice info

    Post by Crazy01 on 28/12/2009, 9:26 pm

    Nice info thx for posting it
    avatar
    Sir James of Cadiz

    Number of posts : 719
    Age : 47
    Location : CO
    Registration date : 2009-11-23
    Medals :
    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Borg

    Re: Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by Sir James of Cadiz on 28/12/2009, 11:05 pm

    nice read...several answeres in there people on the STO forums were asking about...
    great infos....thx for the find.
    avatar
    marscentral

    Number of posts : 530
    Age : 38
    Location : Bedford, England
    Registration date : 2008-12-24
    Medals :
    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Malacandran

    Re: Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by marscentral on 29/12/2009, 5:47 am

    I'm hoping they open up Bridge Officer customisation more. I have fairly specific ideas I want to use.
    avatar
    Valoris

    Number of posts : 306
    Age : 41
    Location : Geraardsbergen (Belgium)
    Registration date : 2009-12-24
    Medals :
    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Trill

    Re: Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by Valoris on 29/12/2009, 7:34 am

    Coco wrote:This second part of their preview focuses on the skill system, character progression, ship customization and bridge officers, grouping/social systems, PvP and items. Read all about here.

    Very nice indeed, loved reading it Surprised
    avatar
    Lithian

    Number of posts : 333
    Age : 31
    Location : Antwerp, Belgium
    Registration date : 2009-05-03
    Medals :
    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Human

    Re: Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by Lithian on 29/12/2009, 8:19 am

    Nice read, I hope choosing your skill points won't be too difficult. Wanting to be an engineer myself, maxing out one pool of skills hopefully doesn't result into making the wrong decisions when it comes to being usefull in PvE.
    avatar
    BigGun

    Number of posts : 712
    Age : 50
    Location : Minnesota, USA
    Registration date : 2009-05-08
    Medals :
    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Human

    Re: Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by BigGun on 29/12/2009, 12:56 pm

    Thanks again for posting the link!!!
    avatar
    Sir James of Cadiz

    Number of posts : 719
    Age : 47
    Location : CO
    Registration date : 2009-11-23
    Medals :
    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Borg

    Re: Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by Sir James of Cadiz on 29/12/2009, 1:26 pm

    Lithian wrote:Nice read, I hope choosing your skill points won't be too difficult. Wanting to be an engineer myself, maxing out one pool of skills hopefully doesn't result into making the wrong decisions when it comes to being usefull in PvE.
    this is where i can see issues with several peoples.
    as it was said, the ground skills will be limited and only additional stuffs can be used based on the "packs" one takes with them.
    so if your pack allowed a sensor weep, as an example, of 100 yards, but your abilities were up to 250...then your not utilizing the skills you invested in.
    i can see a very delicate balance of skill to item ratio going on until people get the hang of it.

    at least this is how i understood the article...
    avatar
    Coco
    Admin

    Number of posts : 2644
    Age : 45
    Location : Belgium
    Registration date : 2008-11-25
    Medals :

    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Vulcan

    Re: Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by Coco on 29/12/2009, 1:42 pm

    Sir James of Cadiz wrote:this is where i can see issues with several peoples.
    as it was said, the ground skills will be limited and only additional stuffs can be used based on the "packs" one takes with them.
    so if your pack allowed a sensor weep, as an example, of 100 yards, but your abilities were up to 250...then your not utilizing the skills you invested in.
    i can see a very delicate balance of skill to item ratio going on until people get the hang of it.

    at least this is how i understood the article...

    Yes, kind of. As an example, you can invest in tactical skills that would enable multi-photon spread at a certain level... but if you don't have photon torpedoes on your ship, you won't be able to use the ability. The same is true for ground combat skills.
    But I have to agree with the writer of the article, atm the skill tree is a bit confusing at first (even with the explanation pop-ups).
    avatar
    Amstel

    Number of posts : 140
    Age : 66
    Location : Lincoln, England
    Registration date : 2009-09-09
    Medals :
    Ribbons :


    Character sheet
    Race: Bajoran

    Re: Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by Amstel on 29/12/2009, 1:52 pm

    Most detail I've read yet about skills etc. I'm sure I'm going to get very confused scratch

    Sponsored content

    Re: Second part of mmorpg preview

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is 14/12/2017, 10:24 pm