» Greetings from 12th Fleet!
10/2/2013, 1:30 pm by [12th]Lupy

» New forum
17/11/2010, 10:22 am by Coco

» Fleet / Team listings
15/11/2010, 1:14 pm by MaQogh

» Fleet Rep's contact details
7/11/2010, 3:52 pm by Valentine Fox

» End of season 1 (including the EoS Event!)
3/11/2010, 6:27 pm by Blackknight8x

» Hall of Fame
1/11/2010, 8:45 pm by Blackknight8x

» Thoughts So Far
1/11/2010, 7:57 pm by Reuster

» Match details
1/11/2010, 4:07 pm by Ghost_2012

» Match results
1/11/2010, 4:38 am by Valentine Fox

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 26821 messages in 2457 subjects

We have 289 registered users

The newest registered user is GEIMENC

KT PODCAST 4 NOW UP!!! yay...

jayrelo
    Admin

Number of posts : 388
    Registration date : 2008-11-12
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Human

KT PODCAST 4 NOW UP!!! yay...

Post by jayrelo on 16/12/2008, 7:54 am

Update: The much anticipated KT Podcast 4 is now up!

KT PODCAST 4 (12/16/2008)

Topics: On this episode we see the dirrrrty side of the fleet forum whilst Hagon goes FTW.
    5 episodes of TNG and how STO can bring them to life.
    A couple tidbits on eVeO + Champsonline vs. STO, and we finish it off with some big news for the fleet.

Special Note: The sound quality was a little off this week, so the original podcast went to the crapper, this would be the new and improved version for your listening pleasure...

Here are the links:

itunes: [url=click here]itpc://knightstemplar.podbean.com/feed[/url]

not itunes: http://knightstemplar.podbean.com/

to follow along with the first topic, check out the statement made by Hagon on the STO forums by going to this link: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=3529

Last edited by jayrelo on 17/12/2008, 9:38 am; edited 7 times in total
    Coco
    Admin

Number of posts : 2644
    Registration date : 2008-11-25
    Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Vulcan

Re: KT PODCAST 4 NOW UP!!! yay...

Post by Coco on 16/12/2008, 4:49 pm

*patiently waiting in a corner study *

Appreciate the work you put in and eagerly await your announcement it's up!
    5"gunner

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-12-01
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by 5"gunner on 16/12/2008, 10:52 pm

Same goes for me. Can't wait much longer though, I might end up having to wait longer. tongue Razz
    Coco
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Coco on 17/12/2008, 11:59 am

Another great one Smile

The fav episodes translated to possible in game mission episodes or characters was interesting. I hope they take some of those as templates and not go down the old "we come in peace, shoot to kill" road.

Interesting to hear more about eVe as well. I heard it was repetitive but didn't know it could be that bad. I guess once you reach higher levels you could start having fun, but as a noob it would be a total drag to be forced to level like this.

A bit surprised to hear The Smiths, glad to hear they're still circulating on the other side of the pond Wink
    smbrenn

Number of posts : 293
    Registration date : 2008-12-11
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by smbrenn on 17/12/2008, 1:07 pm

haahhaahaaha wolf blitzer
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Number of posts : 1178
    Registration date : 2008-11-22
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 18/12/2008, 12:40 am

May I say Jay (wow, that rhymed)

Another great podcast!!! And thanks for appointing me as Admin, I'm honoured...I have a request, could you list the songs you use in your podcasts? There are some tracks that I like, like the one used in the intro in this cast.

As for Hagon's quote in STO, I agree with you, the whole spying thing is pointless. Besides, what could they really get out of it? Unfortunately, there are those that think that behaviour is acceptable.

The only thing that will happen is that players' feelings are going to get hurt. There really is no way to prevent this type of thing without starting a witch hunt...and all that will cause is less communication amongst fleet members.

Lucky for us we have a great group of people where that kind of thing won't be accepted.

Frakes did direct Insurrection, though that movie did suck, we did get to see some awesome tech. The shuttle that Data was flying at the beginning was cool.

I thought I read somewhere that we will be able to have Holographic NPC's, but it could just be that I read it in the STO forums...Bioware is great at creating interactivity with non-essential characters. Let's see what Cryptic comes up with in terms of NPC personalities and interactivity.

You always come up with some great topics...loved your choices of episodes, I liked all of those...I'll post mine in the other thread.

Keep 'em coming

Last edited by Cyberdurc22 on 18/12/2008, 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 18/12/2008, 12:50 am

Just wanted to add that your comment regarding our sun going supernova and our planet being destroyed is exactly what my book is about..."New Terra" is the main title, it's about the end of our solar system and how the human race survives beyond its destruction.

I hope the first book can be published soon...still waiting to here back from Orca books...if they aren't interested I will self-publish it.

Oh just so you know, our sun is too small to go supernova, but I was able to work around that Twisted Evil

Oh and as for my name Durc, funny thing is I normally go by that, the 'Cyber' portion was added when I started playing MMO's...it is my virtual identity.

Last edited by Cyberdurc22 on 18/12/2008, 1:50 am; edited 2 times in total
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 18/12/2008, 12:52 am

no problem durq, i had a long day with wood flooring and am about to fall into the bed for the next 10 years, so i'll post the soundtrack list in the morrow and then start doing it from now on. good idear. Smile

thanks for the thoughts. and congrats (i think) on being an admin now. :p
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 18/12/2008, 12:56 am

keep on updating me on it. and i will annoy you as my novel continues. also, if you do selfpublish, save the first copy for me, i'm buyin it.

but good luck with orca. if thats the case, again, i got dibs on first hardback. :p (not counting your own personal copies)

Cyberdurc22 wrote:Just wanted to add that your comment regarding our sun going supernova and our planet being destroyed is exactly what my book is about..."New Terra" is the main title, it's about the end of our solar system and how the human race survives it's destruction.

I hope the first book can be published soon...still waiting to here back from Orca books...if they aren't interested I will self-publish it.

Oh just so you know, our sun is too small to go supernova, but I was able to work around that Twisted Evil
    5"gunner

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-12-01
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by 5"gunner on 18/12/2008, 1:41 am

Durc, count me in for number two! Very Happy
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 18/12/2008, 1:54 am

Thanks for the support guys...I'll keep you posted and when the first book is out, I'll send you autographed 'purchased' copies Razz

Book one is called "New Terra: the Search for Home"
    aljama1122

Number of posts : 85
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by aljama1122 on 18/12/2008, 2:20 am

sounds cool with the book dude...i couldnt help but smile when jay commented on how you wanted to come aboard my ship to hit on my crew lol...

perhaps second fleet hasnt said anything because they're the perpetrators?

most startrek actors seemed to get their feet wet in shakespearean acting. ima miss that damndable 1 armed man
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 18/12/2008, 2:59 am

aljama1122 wrote:sounds cool with the book dude...i couldnt help but smile when jay commented on how you wanted to come aboard my ship to hit on my crew lol...

perhaps second fleet hasn't said anything because they're the perpetrators?

most star trek actors seemed to get their feet wet in shakespearean acting. ima miss that damndable 1 armed man

I made my 'solo' crew and they're all female, but your first officer Beckky just sounds hot...maybe it's because she reminds me of a girl I dated in college that was a freak and a stripper...her real name was Becky, but her stage name was Bunny. Oh the memories Cool

I agree with your comment about second fleet, it's possible that their fleet is where this spy originated from...just a thought, don't hold it against me.

William Shatner was also a Shakespearean actor...I believe it was at the Stratford Festival here in Ontario where he did most of his Shakespearean acting...oh, did you guys know that he was born in the same city I was born in...Montreal, Quebec...I was destined to become a ST fan... lol!
    NAVYREC

Number of posts : 203
    Registration date : 2009-01-11
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

#4 was AWESOME

Post by NAVYREC on 12/1/2009, 5:45 am

As far as the spying thing goes....I kind of figured that it would happen eventually. But as far as that being used in the game, maybe that could be a side story or a subplot. I think actually having other players actually doing the spying is really weird and since the game is still far off, it would be a waste of time. I'm thinking a possible Section 31??? For those of you who aren't familliar with Section 31 , it's basicaly the NSA/CIA of today that has seemingly no rules as far as what they can do in the universe. Almost like a mortal Q. They think they know everything....LOL OK..done with this one.

The mystery episodes were a great thing! I also liked how you were able to show how they would work in the STO universe! Awsome job Jay!! I never really thought what my favorite show would have been if you took all the fans favs away. Including for me, the Q' sodes...lol. But I think you absolutely hit the nail on the head with this one!! I also new which episode you were talking about when you played the first note of that Picard Flute duet. I'm sorry, but the "P" flute has been a major part of any big episode ever since that show! If anyone couldn't tell which show that was.....well, I'm not going there....LOL

I don't play any of the other games you mentioned but that's ok. Not time out here in Japan to do that sort of thing...LOL.

To durc,
    That book of yours sounds awesome! Can you add me to the list of copies?? study

Well, I'm off! Again, great podcast! KEEP THEM COMING!!

Also if anyone wants to hit on my Ops Officer, that cool! She is based on my ships real Ops officer....LOL. A real hot one!

Last edited by man_in_a_real_uniform on 12/1/2009, 5:51 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Had to add a few things)
    Sorg

Number of posts : 194
    Registration date : 2009-03-06
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Champions

Post by Sorg on 6/3/2009, 11:45 am

Your points about Champions is a good one. I'm semi tempted to join Champions just to get a sneak peak at some aspects of STO, is that crazy? yes? ok...

I'm not always the best with Star Trek Canon, but I definitely knew the episode (not by name or anything) from the first note or five as well. Does that mean I'm not kicked out yet?
    aljama1122

Number of posts : 85
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by aljama1122 on 4/1/2010, 2:56 am

did anyone notice our numbering sceme is FUBAR'd 1A,3,4, what happened to 2? and why is there an A after the 1, its been a while since i had listened and wanted to refresh and just thought it was weird
    Coco
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Coco on 4/1/2010, 10:53 am

First there was #1, but Jay wanted a better intro pod for the fleet so then made #1A (following the same principal as ST ships Wink ). Then the rest took on the regular number system, making #3 the 3rd pod etc.

(ps, if you still want to listen to pod #1 or 3, check out here )
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 4/1/2010, 11:26 am

aljama1122 wrote:did anyone notice our numbering sceme is FUBAR'd 1A,3,4, what happened to 2? and why is there an A after the 1, its been a while since i had listened and wanted to refresh and just thought it was weird

yeh, everything that coco said.

the first one was pretty bad in terms of quality and was more or less the first time i had ever done a podcast, so i wanted to clean things up. the reason the number 2 podcast is not up is because i ran out of server space on my podcast page and had to kinda choose the best ones out of the bunch and archive the rest.

i still have the second one saved on my home comp, and as soon as i find a new place to put the podcasts up, i will be more than happy to put all off them out there.

and look forward to at least one podcast before the release of the game, and will prolly make a schedule of a monthly (at the min) podcast.

i'm honored and very proud that the podcasts have been well received by the fleet and would be happy to make something more regular if you guys like whats going on.

i will most likely also be making regular sections for each podcast, like fleet news, order news and announcements, and who knows, i'd like to get snippets from fleet members as add-on pieces, like if a member wants to contribute by talking about how he/she has a certain strategy. i'm sure we have the technology to do that. and if not? we'll bother coco and blacknight to make the tech. Smile
    Blackknight8x
    Admin

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Trill

Post by Blackknight8x on 4/1/2010, 12:13 pm

jayrelo wrote:

i'm honored and very proud that the podcasts have been well received by the fleet and would be happy to make something more regular if you guys like whats going on.

That would be cool. I think I speak for many when I say we want more Smile

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Coco on 4/1/2010, 12:30 pm

Bis bis bis!!
    Pogmahone

Number of posts : 1499
    Registration date : 2009-12-20
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Pogmahone on 4/1/2010, 9:25 pm

for some reason I cant download them. I would like to put them on my ipod so I can listen to them at work
    Coco
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Coco on 4/1/2010, 10:23 pm

Hambone wrote:for some reason I cant download them. I would like to put them on my ipod so I can listen to them at work

Don't use the i-fail link but the other one, then you can download it tongue
    masoniccaptain

Number of posts : 617
    Registration date : 2009-02-19
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by masoniccaptain on 4/1/2010, 10:43 pm

[quote="Cyberdurc22"]
    aljama1122 wrote:
    William Shatner was also a Shakespearean actor...I believe it was at the Stratford Festival here in Ontario where he did most of his Shakespearean acting...oh, did you guys know that he was born in the same city I was born in...Montreal, Quebec...I was destined to become a ST fan... lol!

*In William Shatner's voice* "I.. am glad that.. another.. Canadian is here.. on.. Star Trek.. Online.. I.. won't be in the.. game.. however because.. I.. have a contract.. with.. World of.. Warcraft.. and besides you.. Trek lovers need a.. a.. life.. now.. go by my.. terribly written.. books..."
    Pogmahone

Number of posts : 1499
    Registration date : 2009-12-20
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Pogmahone on 4/1/2010, 11:03 pm

I have them all but number 3 says it has a download error, Tried on bean pod and itunes
    Crazy01

Number of posts : 1237
    Registration date : 2009-12-14
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Great

Post by Crazy01 on 4/1/2010, 11:12 pm

thx was a good one

Sponsored content