» Greetings from 12th Fleet!
10/2/2013, 1:30 pm by [12th]Lupy

» New forum
17/11/2010, 10:22 am by Coco

» Fleet / Team listings
15/11/2010, 1:14 pm by MaQogh

» Fleet Rep's contact details
7/11/2010, 3:52 pm by Valentine Fox

» End of season 1 (including the EoS Event!)
3/11/2010, 6:27 pm by Blackknight8x

» Hall of Fame
1/11/2010, 8:45 pm by Blackknight8x

» Thoughts So Far
1/11/2010, 7:57 pm by Reuster

» Match details
1/11/2010, 4:07 pm by Ghost_2012

» Match results
1/11/2010, 4:38 am by Valentine Fox

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 26821 messages in 2457 subjects

We have 289 registered users

The newest registered user is GEIMENC

KT PODCAST 3 [ARCHIVED]

jayrelo
    Admin

Number of posts : 388
    Registration date : 2008-11-12
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Human

KT PODCAST 3 [ARCHIVED]

Post by jayrelo on 10/12/2008, 10:13 am

KT PODCAST 3 is now up!

On this episode, I discuss how atari is not death incarnate, eve vs swg vs coh,v vs wow vs sto, all your starbase are belong to me and fleet news!

Enjoy and discuss!

The usual links:

itunes: click here
    webbie: click here

Last edited by jayrelo on 8/1/2009, 7:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Coco
    Admin

Number of posts : 2644
    Registration date : 2008-11-25
    Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Vulcan

Re: KT PODCAST 3 [ARCHIVED]

Post by Coco on 10/12/2008, 12:15 pm

Great work Jay! I think you tackled all the major concerns and questions up to now. Music I'm not sure about, recognized crystal method but the others drew a blank Sad
    I downloaded the high res and you're right, there is a logo on the starbase. In this case it's the UFP logo, but it does seem we can slap one on ourselves. As for the small ships, I blew them up a bit and they closely resemble a fed attack fighter. I'm thinking these might be npc seeing it's a 1-2 person crew. Or maybe a beginner combat vessel?

Yet another great cast! (and I didn't fall asleep Razz )
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 10/12/2008, 1:13 pm

Thanks!

And as for the fighters, true, that may be it. but i remember somewhere that emmert stated that all the ships in the trailer were pc controlled, there were no npcs, minus the borg of course.

also, if they are fighters, they still may be our first ship.

otherwise, the rest is just assumption. Smile

and for the music, just wanted to go with a mix of smaller intermissions, they ranged from 'boards of canada' to 'tv on the radio'. if you liked em, and that goes to the rest of the fleet, if you enjoy the music, just ask, and i'll let you know the specifics and email you mp3 if you'd like.

also, i posted a full transcribing of the GI article on STO on the forums and can be found here: STO Article - Transcribed

Coco wrote:Great work Jay! I think you tackled all the major concerns and questions up to now. Music I'm not sure about, recognized crystal method but the others drew a blank Sad
    I downloaded the high res and you're right, there is a logo on the starbase. In this case it's the UFP logo, but it does seem we can slap one on ourselves. As for the small ships, I blew them up a bit and they closely resemble a fed attack fighter. I'm thinking these might be npc seeing it's a 1-2 person crew. Or maybe a beginner combat vessel?

Yet another great cast! (and I didn't fall asleep Razz )

Last edited by jayrelo on 10/12/2008, 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Number of posts : 1178
    Registration date : 2008-11-22
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 10/12/2008, 3:01 pm

Great job today Jay, the points you brought up about SWG were dead on. There is only so much shooting at womprats one can do before wanting to turn that blaster on ourself.

Like Coco mentioned, you did cover a great deal of information, oh an thanks for posting the GI article that helped as well. Like Coco I had to go check out the trailer again and sure enough there it was the insignia on the side of the starbase.

As for the music, it was good too, but I think you should lower the volume a bit more when you are talking as some of your words get drowned out. Either way, great podcast.

Looking forward to that sticky for our NPCs, I have a few crew members created as well that I'd like to share.

Cyber
    Coco
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Coco on 10/12/2008, 10:29 pm

jayrelo wrote:and for the music, just wanted to go with a mix of smaller intermissions, they ranged from 'boards of canada' to 'tv on the radio'. if you liked em, and that goes to the rest of the fleet, if you enjoy the music, just ask, and i'll let you know the specifics and email you mp3 if you'd like.

If you could give me the list of songs that would be great! There were a couple of very nice loungy tunes in there Smile
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 10/12/2008, 10:43 pm

totally:

you got the crystal method song right...

-No Path To Follow, by The Chemical Brothers
    -Into The Rainbow Vein, by Boards of Canada
    -Moment of Clarity, by Boards of Canada
    -Constants Are Changing, by Boards of Canada
    -Hilawe, by Arthur Lyman

Coco wrote:
    jayrelo wrote:and for the music, just wanted to go with a mix of smaller intermissions, they ranged from 'boards of canada' to 'tv on the radio'. if you liked em, and that goes to the rest of the fleet, if you enjoy the music, just ask, and i'll let you know the specifics and email you mp3 if you'd like.

If you could give me the list of songs that would be great! There were a couple of very nice loungy tunes in there Smile
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 10/12/2008, 10:46 pm

thanks for the kind words.

you are right, i'm not happy sometimes with the way the sound comes out, maybe i'll get a new mic, or go a lil more in-depth on the freeware audio proggie i'm using to see if i can tweak the tracks more to match it up.

Cyberdurc22 wrote: but I think you should lower the volume a bit more when you are talking as some of your words get drowned out.
    Freejack

Number of posts : 292
    Registration date : 2008-11-20
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Freejack on 11/12/2008, 5:15 am

Hey jay and fellow Knights,

Another great podcast! Love the bumper music, but did somebody say Rush in the last podcast? I'd love to hear a little Hemispheres, 2112, or Permanent Waves in the next. lol!

Thanks for the plug, and I thought I'd elaborate a little on The Continuum and our mission. I originally joined the STO forums to lurk and find others with like mind. I led a guild in EQ1 for several years and was a co-founder of a guild in WoW, but I left WoW to Beta a new FTP MMO with a different twist. I currently lead the Apocrypha guild on the Valdes server of Requiem: Bloodymare. It is basically a WoW clone, but it's not the typical Elf, Orc, Dragon motif. It has more of a horror/Silent Hill feel to it. It's free to play with a Cash Shop for premium perks. It's a nice change of pace, but it's no STO. Wink

Living in Hawaii I found that most of the US is going to sleep by the time I get off work and log in to play. In WoW I had much better success playing on the Oceanic servers which are mostly Aussies and Kiwis. I decided to establish a Fleet for my fellow Hawaiians, as well as my US and Canadian West Coast night-owls and my friends down under that may play a little earlier. Ideally, we all want to play with our friends, but it would also be nice to have a wide variety of timezone players in a fleet to increase the odds that a fellow friend might be online no matter what time you log in.

While I was still lurking, jay's goofy frown and eyebrows jumped out at me. His humorous yet insightful posts inspired me to contact him. I would join this fleet in a heartbeat, but I fear that it might not be just right for me only due to the time difference. So I proposed an alliance of small fleets with similar ideals in order to share our resources and carry that bond into the game upon launch. I absolutely want to be able to maintain our alliance well after game launch and I even redirected the mission of The Continuum to include other potential upstart fleets to join with us and hope to have a central site where we can all share our resources.

It is still very early in the evolution of STO, and I find that most newcomers are eager to join the biggest fleet out there, but that's okay. It helps to filter out the riff-raff. I share all of the ideals held by the Knights Templar and am only looking for people that are drawn to us. As a fly-fisherman in real life, I prefer to attract the fish rather than just cast a net, scoop them all up, and then try to separate the flotsam and jetsam.

Feel free to register at The Continuum forum as it does not imply that you are joining our fleet, but it will grant you access to the members sections which will hopefully grow with more information from other members of our alliance as we grow. So far, jay has provided me with the mostest and bestest material, but just yesterday I managed to recruit our FIRST Klingon liaison, Maltz. He readily admits that he is not an expert on Klingon canon and doesn't try to be, but he prefers that faction and will hopefully share his insight with us.

If you made it this far without dozing off, I thank you for reading; and thanks again, jay. I look forward to a long and prosperous experience.
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 11/12/2008, 10:59 am

Freejack wrote:Hey jay and fellow Knights,

Another great podcast! Love the bumper music, but did somebody say Rush in the last podcast? I'd love to hear a little Hemispheres, 2112, or Permanent Waves in the next. lol!

Thanks for the plug, and I thought I'd elaborate a little on The Continuum and our mission. I originally joined the STO forums to lurk and find others with like mind. I led a guild in EQ1 for several years and was a co-founder of a guild in WoW, but I left WoW to Beta a new FTP MMO with a different twist. I currently lead the Apocrypha guild on the Valdes server of Requiem: Bloodymare. It is basically a WoW clone, but it's not the typical Elf, Orc, Dragon motif. It has more of a horror/Silent Hill feel to it. It's free to play with a Cash Shop for premium perks. It's a nice change of pace, but it's no STO. Wink

Living in Hawaii I found that most of the US is going to sleep by the time I get off work and log in to play. In WoW I had much better success playing on the Oceanic servers which are mostly Aussies and Kiwis. I decided to establish a Fleet for my fellow Hawaiians, as well as my US and Canadian West Coast night-owls and my friends down under that may play a little earlier. Ideally, we all want to play with our friends, but it would also be nice to have a wide variety of timezone players in a fleet to increase the odds that a fellow friend might be online no matter what time you log in.

While I was still lurking, jay's goofy frown and eyebrows jumped out at me. His humorous yet insightful posts inspired me to contact him. I would join this fleet in a heartbeat, but I fear that it might not be just right for me only due to the time difference. So I proposed an alliance of small fleets with similar ideals in order to share our resources and carry that bond into the game upon launch. I absolutely want to be able to maintain our alliance well after game launch and I even redirected the mission of The Continuum to include other potential upstart fleets to join with us and hope to have a central site where we can all share our resources.

It is still very early in the evolution of STO, and I find that most newcomers are eager to join the biggest fleet out there, but that's okay. It helps to filter out the riff-raff. I share all of the ideals held by the Knights Templar and am only looking for people that are drawn to us. As a fly-fisherman in real life, I prefer to attract the fish rather than just cast a net, scoop them all up, and then try to separate the flotsam and jetsam.

Feel free to register at The Continuum forum as it does not imply that you are joining our fleet, but it will grant you access to the members sections which will hopefully grow with more information from other members of our alliance as we grow. So far, jay has provided me with the mostest and bestest material, but just yesterday I managed to recruit our FIRST Klingon liaison, Maltz. He readily admits that he is not an expert on Klingon canon and doesn't try to be, but he prefers that faction and will hopefully share his insight with us.

If you made it this far without dozing off, I thank you for reading; and thanks again, jay. I look forward to a long and prosperous experience.

I for one have no objections to having small fleet alliances, I think it is a great way to keep us on par with the larger fleets.

You are so right about everyone jumping to the biggest fleet, but in my experience in life, biggest doesn't always constitute better.

I think it is wise of you to set up a fleet that accommodates the west coast and oceanic areas. You're absolutely right in regards to always having someone online from our fleets, or at least our alliances/mergers.

Hopefully by having an alliance with several small fleets we can have better coverage in the various quadrants. Thus providing more safe havens for those in need.

We'll see once we get a better idea of how STO will be structured.
    smbrenn

Number of posts : 293
    Registration date : 2008-12-11
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by smbrenn on 11/12/2008, 6:55 pm

This is the first pod cast ive listened to thus far and i must say it was very informative. you views on eve are very true, i played the 14 day trial and tried a month after but got to bored. Thanks for the enjoyable listen and keep em comin
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 11/12/2008, 7:10 pm

thanks brenn. Smile

to freejack,

thanks for everything written, it was a true introduction that i think was needed for the relationship between our small fleets. i will say this, if i start getting west coasters and oceanic people, i'm comin after you and draggin you into this fleet... :p

in all seriousness, if we do ever combine, i think it would be nifty to basically have a fleet that is always online, as in, there's a nightshift, or in freejacks case, a dayshift w/ palm tree's and volcano's.

i guarantee this, the first day it comes out, i know i'm pulling an all nighter, so freejack, i'll see you playing that day for sure. :p

smbrenn wrote:This is the first pod cast ive listened to thus far and i must say it was very informative. you views on eve are very true, i played the 14 day trial and tried a month after but got to bored. Thanks for the enjoyable listen and keep em comin
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 11/12/2008, 11:45 pm

jayrelo wrote:thanks brenn. Smile

to freejack,

thanks for everything written, it was a true introduction that i think was needed for the relationship between our small fleets. i will say this, if i start getting west coasters and oceanic people, i'm comin after you and draggin you into this fleet... :p

in all seriousness, if we do ever combine, i think it would be nifty to basically have a fleet that is always online, as in, there's a nightshift, or in freejacks case, a dayshift w/ palm tree's and volcano's.

i guarantee this, the first day it comes out, i know i'm pulling an all nighter, so freejack, i'll see you playing that day for sure. :p

smbrenn wrote:This is the first pod cast ive listened to thus far and i must say it was very informative. you views on eve are very true, i played the 14 day trial and tried a month after but got to bored. Thanks for the enjoyable listen and keep em comin

You won't be alone Jay, I know I'll be calling in sick to whatever job I'm working...there's no way I'd be going to sleep when this comes out.
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 12/12/2008, 12:04 am

i know, right? i mean, we can't pre order STO yet, but i'm sure as hell going to pre order my case of redbull (maybe i'll sneak one with a vodka) Smile

Cyberdurc22 wrote:
    You won't be alone Jay, I know I'll be calling in sick to whatever job I'm working...there's no way I'd be going to sleep when this comes out.
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 12/12/2008, 12:13 am

jayrelo wrote:i know, right? i mean, we can't pre order STO yet, but i'm sure as hell going to pre order my case of redbull (maybe i'll sneak one with a vodka) Smile

Cyberdurc22 wrote:

Heck ya!!! I'll have my redbull and vodka on one side, a pot of coffee brewing on the other. I'm a night owl anyway, as on the weekends I work as a bouncer at a club here so I'm up till the wee hours anyway.

I will definitely pre-order this one...everything I read, the community that is developing and our fleet alone makes me want this game so much.
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 12/12/2008, 12:20 am

i think its goofy weird that some of us in this fleet share likened things. i mean, not just trek, but back in college, i never did anything like police training, but was a public safety officer as a student, and were taught basic tactics and whatnot.

not just that, but duane, i think i shared it with you on your intro post in that section, but i too am a writer (degree in english), and am in the middle of writing a book right now. i, of course, don't do it for money (what are we, crazy :p), i have to do my business thing, but one day, we will find a publisher. Smile

just a random tangent here, but i think this is what makes this a strong community. we start with our mutual love of trek and STO, and everything goes from there.

Cyberdurc22 wrote:
    Heck ya!!! I'll have my redbull and vodka on one side, a pot of coffee brewing on the other. I'm a night owl anyway, as on the weekends I work as a bouncer at a club here so I'm up till the wee hours anyway.

I will definitely pre-order this one...everything I read, the community that is developing and our fleet alone makes me want this game so much.
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 12/12/2008, 12:29 am

You are so right Jay, ST is what brings it together and from there we discover other things we have in common.

Congrats on the book, I am currently in search of a publisher, that is proving harder than the actual writing was. I did not major in English Lit, I just decided to write a book, it stemmed from a dream I had and in the end I created an entire galaxy full of various species, planets and spaceships. Very Happy

We do have a great community here and to think it has only been a short time together. I think this is why we are attracting people because we bring something different to the mix. BTW, could I add our KT website as a link on my STO profile?
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 12/12/2008, 12:46 am

Cyberdurc22 wrote:
    Congrats on the book, I am currently in search of a publisher, that is proving harder than the actual writing was.

i'm only 1/3 done, but i'm getting there Smile i have begun a soft search for publishers, but i don't see much out there right now.

Cyberdurc22 wrote:
    I just decided to write a book, it stemmed from a dream I had and in the end I created an entire galaxy full of various species, planets and spaceships. Very Happy

thats usually where the best books come from! i actually dreamed the end of my book, so it caused me to create everything else. Smile

Cyberdurc22 wrote:
    BTW, could I add our KT website as a link on my STO profile?

totally bro. Smile
    Coco
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Coco on 12/12/2008, 5:26 am

jayrelo wrote:just a random tangent here, but i think this is what makes this a strong community. we start with our mutual love of trek and STO, and everything goes from there.

Amen to that! Some say that it's a frame of mind; once your in it you're bound to find people with similar interests.

And I can tell you I'll be taking a couple of days off as well when it launches Wink
    Midnitetoker

Number of posts : 9
    Registration date : 2009-05-19
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Midnitetoker on 19/5/2009, 4:07 pm

I cant get Podcast 3 to work..it tells me there is an error. Im using the non itunes version.
    Coco
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Coco on 19/5/2009, 4:36 pm

Midnitetoker wrote:I cant get Podcast 3 to work..it tells me there is an error. Im using the non itunes version.

It's not accessible anymore because it has been archived. To all fleet members who missed this one, I've put it up again here if you want to listen to it.
    Freejack

Number of posts : 292
    Registration date : 2008-11-20
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Freejack on 26/5/2009, 9:05 am

jayrelo wrote:
    Cyberdurc22 wrote:
    Congrats on the book, I am currently in search of a publisher, that is proving harder than the actual writing was.

i'm only 1/3 done, but i'm getting there Smile i have begun a soft search for publishers, but i don't see much out there right now.

Cyberdurc22 wrote:
    I just decided to write a book, it stemmed from a dream I had and in the end I created an entire galaxy full of various species, planets and spaceships. Very Happy

thats usually where the best books come from! i actually dreamed the end of my book, so it caused me to create everything else. Smile

Cyberdurc22 wrote:
    BTW, could I add our KT website as a link on my STO profile?

totally bro. Smile

This is gonna be EPIC! cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/11/2018, 1:47 pm