» Greetings from 12th Fleet!
10/2/2013, 1:30 pm by [12th]Lupy

» New forum
17/11/2010, 10:22 am by Coco

» Fleet / Team listings
15/11/2010, 1:14 pm by MaQogh

» Fleet Rep's contact details
7/11/2010, 3:52 pm by Valentine Fox

» End of season 1 (including the EoS Event!)
3/11/2010, 6:27 pm by Blackknight8x

» Hall of Fame
1/11/2010, 8:45 pm by Blackknight8x

» Thoughts So Far
1/11/2010, 7:57 pm by Reuster

» Match details
1/11/2010, 4:07 pm by Ghost_2012

» Match results
1/11/2010, 4:38 am by Valentine Fox

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 26821 messages in 2457 subjects

We have 289 registered users

The newest registered user is GEIMENC

Feedback

Coco
    Admin

Number of posts : 2644
    Registration date : 2008-11-25
    Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Vulcan

Feedback

Post by Coco on 12/9/2010, 9:47 pm

Please post all league feedback here.

MaQogh

Number of posts : 4
    Registration date : 2010-09-20
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Re: Feedback

Post by MaQogh on 27/9/2010, 10:27 am

Well after yesterday's match with Aurora I think adding additional alternates may be a good ideal. At start time we in the VKF had 4 total and Aurora had 3, we decided to wait 30 min by that time we were up to 4 vs 4. If we had (at least in the case of the VKF) 1 or 2 more alternates we would have been able to field a full 5 man team with a better make-up for pvp. As it was we had 3 tac and 1 eng with 1 of them being an alt. I'd like to suggest we add 2 alts to each team so we have a better chance of fielding full 5 man teams with better make-up's.
    Blackknight8x
    Admin

Number of posts : 1778
    Registration date : 2009-02-12
    Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Trill

Post by Blackknight8x on 27/9/2010, 2:48 pm

MaQogh wrote:Well after yesterday's match with Aurora I think adding additional alternates may be a good ideal. At start time we in the VKF had 4 total and Aurora had 3, we decided to wait 30 min by that time we were up to 4 vs 4. If we had (at least in the case of the VKF) 1 or 2 more alternates we would have been able to field a full 5 man team with a better make-up for pvp. As it was we had 3 tac and 1 eng with 1 of them being an alt. I'd like to suggest we add 2 alts to each team so we have a better chance of fielding full 5 man teams with better make-up's.

Thank you for your feedback. We are currently looking into this issue. We'll post details as an when we have them for you,

BK

Valentine Fox

Number of posts : 16
    Registration date : 2010-09-17
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Valentine Fox on 27/9/2010, 3:47 pm

I have to agree with the VKF assessment; the wider we can cast our net, the greater chance of being able to get at least 5 specific people online at the same time for a specific date.

I'd say allowing for an extra two subs to be named as reserves would be a good number.

Valentine Fox

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Valentine Fox on 5/10/2010, 4:15 pm

Just a quick thought/question really: are we limited to only playing matches on the allotted time on Sundays? Or are fleets free to arrange a mutually beneficial time and day of their own accord each week?

I'm not sure what the composition is of the other fleets, but Aurora is almost entirely American, and we're finding it hard to get some of our best PvPers online and in-game at that particular time of day on Sundays - seems people often have other plans for their Sunday afternoons.
    Jean Parisot

Number of posts : 563
    Registration date : 2010-01-17
    Medals :

Ribbons :

Post by Jean Parisot on 6/10/2010, 2:59 am

We'll look into it Valentine!
    Jean Parisot

Number of posts : 563
    Registration date : 2010-01-17
    Medals :

Ribbons :

Post by Jean Parisot on 7/10/2010, 12:10 pm

Valentine Fox wrote:Just a quick thought/question really: are we limited to only playing matches on the allotted time on Sundays? Or are fleets free to arrange a mutually beneficial time and day of their own accord each week?

I'm not sure what the composition is of the other fleets, but Aurora is almost entirely American, and we're finding it hard to get some of our best PvPers online and in-game at that particular time of day on Sundays - seems people often have other plans for their Sunday afternoons.

Hi Valentine,

Your suggestion has been discussed, and in order to help our players have the most flexibility in this league we've decided to move ahead on this amendment. The rule will go as follows:

- The games will continue to be held on Sunday;
    - Representatives from both teams are to meet on their own initiative and agree on a comfortable time;
    - This arranged time must be announced with the match type and location (ie 48 hours before that match starts);
    - If both teams cannot agree on a different time then the match will fall back on the default time 3:30pm EST / 8:30PM GMT.

Valentine Fox

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Valentine Fox on 7/10/2010, 12:57 pm

Awesomesauce! :-)
    Blackknight8x
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Blackknight8x on 7/10/2010, 5:19 pm

Jean Parisot wrote:
    Valentine Fox wrote:Just a quick thought/question really: are we limited to only playing matches on the allotted time on Sundays? Or are fleets free to arrange a mutually beneficial time and day of their own accord each week?

Hi Valentine,

Your suggestion has been discussed, and in order to help our players have the most flexibility in this league we've decided to move ahead on this amendment. The rule will go as follows:

- The games will continue to be held on Sunday;
    - Representatives from both teams are to meet on their own initiative and agree on a comfortable time;
    - This arranged time must be announced with the match type and location (ie 48 hours before that match starts);
    - If both teams cannot agree on a different time then the match will fall back on the default time 3:30pm EST / 8:30PM GMT.

Valentine Fox wrote:Awesomesauce! :-)

Also keep in mind that you can only use the players you already have stated for your team. So no player changes can be made until the end of season 1 and up to 48 hours before the start of season 2. So, although the time can be changed, the players can not.

matcap

Number of posts : 13
    Registration date : 2010-10-03
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Human

Post by matcap on 8/10/2010, 3:26 pm

question: can we change a team during a match? i mean if i can switch one alt of my team with an alt substitute between the first and the second arena for example
    Blackknight8x
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Blackknight8x on 9/10/2010, 6:42 am

matcap wrote:question: can we change a team during a match? i mean if i can switch one alt of my team with an alt substitute between the first and the second arena for example

Yes you can do that.
    Any changes need to be done between rounds only however. So once a round starts that's your team until the end of that round.

Valentine Fox

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Valentine Fox on 9/10/2010, 1:49 pm

Blackknight8x wrote:
    Also keep in mind that you can only use the players you already have stated for your team. So no player changes can be made until the end of season 1 and up to 48 hours before the start of season 2. So, although the time can be changed, the players can not.

Yeah, this is actually something that may prove another problem for us; one of our listed team members has already told us he has to take a break from the game due to RL, and a second looks like his playing time may get severely cut down, if not lost completely. So we could end up losing two people for the whole season, and it's already proving hard enough to get at least five online at the same time.

But I'm not requesting any change to the rule; if it's a problem for us, it's because of simple misfortune of RL rearing its ugly head, not necessarily because it's an unfair rule.

If things start looking really dire we may just have to drop out of the league for this season; but hopefully it's not at that point yet. We'll keep you updated. Although, it looks like we may well end up having to just forfeit tomorrow's match against OoV because of a lot of our team already saying they can't make it. :-(
    Blackknight8x
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Blackknight8x on 10/10/2010, 2:13 am

I don't think your alone in having this issue, we might be able to add something into the rules that lets teams change mid season in some way.
    This is only an idea at this point, I'll look into it and talk it over with JP. Like I said, maybe we can have some kind of team change around the mid season point to help ease this kind of problem.

We'll get back to you when we've had a chance to bounce some ideas off of each other and have something solid and confirmed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 18/10/2017, 11:46 pm