» Greetings from 12th Fleet!
10/2/2013, 1:30 pm by [12th]Lupy

» New forum
17/11/2010, 10:22 am by Coco

» Fleet / Team listings
15/11/2010, 1:14 pm by MaQogh

» Fleet Rep's contact details
7/11/2010, 3:52 pm by Valentine Fox

» End of season 1 (including the EoS Event!)
3/11/2010, 6:27 pm by Blackknight8x

» Hall of Fame
1/11/2010, 8:45 pm by Blackknight8x

» Thoughts So Far
1/11/2010, 7:57 pm by Reuster

» Match details
1/11/2010, 4:07 pm by Ghost_2012

» Match results
1/11/2010, 4:38 am by Valentine Fox

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 26821 messages in 2457 subjects

We have 289 registered users

The newest registered user is GEIMENC

KT PODCAST 1A (12/5/2008)

jayrelo
    Admin

Number of posts : 388
    Registration date : 2008-11-12
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Human

KT PODCAST 1A (12/5/2008)

Post by jayrelo on 5/12/2008, 6:15 pm

The newest podcast is now up!

This one is mainly focused on answering any questions potential fleet members may have. If you guys think I missed anything, let me know!

Enjoy and discuss here... Smile

itunes, go to this link:
    itpc://knightstemplar.podbean.com/feed

no itunes? go to this link:
    http://knightstemplar.podbean.com/
    Coco
    Admin

Number of posts : 2644
    Registration date : 2008-11-25
    Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Vulcan

Re: KT PODCAST 1A (12/5/2008)

Post by Coco on 5/12/2008, 7:44 pm

The Animals and Procul left me in a bit of a nostalgic mood ... now I'll be up all night perusing through my collection tongue

Yet again a great cast! (although I caught myself trying to follow tv on occasion) I think you touched on all the major points of the fleet and where we're at.

One thing that could be mentioned (or stressed)is that play time average hours don't matter. I've noticed several people in the past few weeks on the STO forum in Ten Forward that stated avg hrs game play per week which were double or triple mine (ie 20-30+) and added they were casual players... Clearly 'casual' doesn't mean the same for everyone.

And yes, I noticed andrewprofit as well lol. In the beginning I felt a bit sorry seeing one of his first posts I went completely off topic and started RPing with a Brit. The next day he had 10 others with similar content started so I've mostly been keeping out of his Smile
    But as always it's fun to see Hagon, Varrangian and consorts at it every day clown

Again, nice work!
    Bawobac

Number of posts : 127
    Registration date : 2008-11-27
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

podcast

Post by Bawobac on 5/12/2008, 10:12 pm

I remember reading that article. I was happy to see it. I had been excited when the perpetual company was working on it when it suddenly went belly up. it had been intended to release the game this month with the movie. the movie was originally gonna come out next week. now I believe it is gonna be may 8th. I like our vision, what stand for and where we are hopefully going to go.
    5"gunner

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-12-01
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by 5"gunner on 6/12/2008, 4:37 am

Bravo on this most recent podcast. I like what we stand for and who we're going to be. We all know that some folks are going to want to do it on their own outside of a fleet and sometimes might need help.

Just out of curiosity, whats the schedule to the release of these. Or is it on a "as desired" basis?

Also, I've seen a few fleets mention the use of vent. We should see the fleets reaction to using it or not. It's just a suggestion. I've never even used it so I know absolutely nothing about it.

At any rate, again great cast. cheers cheers
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 6/12/2008, 9:07 am

thanks. there is no schedule, like i say all the time, i just wing it. as we get closer to STO, i'll prolly put one out once a week.

on the vent thing, that is something definitely planned. vent is an easy way to communicate and i will be getting a server for us as we get closer to STO as well. if you don't know what ventrilo is, go google it, its a great social tool for games. i used to use it alot in cstrike and other games. its basically like skype or forum, and you just need a mic and to download the proggie.

5"gunner wrote:Bravo on this most recent podcast. I like what we stand for and who we're going to be. We all know that some folks are going to want to do it on their own outside of a fleet and sometimes might need help.

Just out of curiosity, whats the schedule to the release of these. Or is it on a "as desired" basis?

Also, I've seen a few fleets mention the use of vent. We should see the fleets reaction to using it or not. It's just a suggestion. I've never even used it so I know absolutely nothing about it.

At any rate, again great cast. cheers cheers
    Coco
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Coco on 6/12/2008, 9:08 pm

jayrelo wrote:on the vent thing, that is something definitely planned. vent is an easy way to communicate and i will be getting a server for us as we get closer to STO as well.

That would be cool to have in the future. It wouldn't do me much good now anyway, I just broke my mic today in a fit or frustration... guess I know what to do next week, it's just agonizing hearing friends talk on skype and having to write back Crying or Very sad
    Coco
    Admin

Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Coco on 6/12/2008, 9:39 pm

One thing that struck me and hasn't been mentioned here yet is the point Jay touched on in the cast concerning rotation of members. I'd like to see input from other members about this. I for one being a newbie at this wouldn't mind taking a back seat for a while (needs of the many and what not) but do like the idea of giving us the opportunity to take a shot at different posts within the fleet.
    5"gunner

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-12-01
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by 5"gunner on 6/12/2008, 11:36 pm

Coco wrote:One thing that struck me and hasn't been mentioned here yet is the point Jay touched on in the cast concerning rotation of members. I'd like to see input from other members about this. I for one being a newbie at this wouldn't mind taking a back seat for a while (needs of the many and what not) but do like the idea of giving us the opportunity to take a shot at different posts within the fleet.

I think it's a great idea. And if we don't do so well it's a good learning expiriance.
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 7/12/2008, 11:30 am

yeh, i totally forgot myself i brought that up. but i think its teh fairest solution. and if anybody wants to skip their turn, well, i'm not gonna care. like i always say, when we come up for a solution in this fleet, all of us should base it on free will and independence. thats what we are about.

:p
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Number of posts : 1178
    Registration date : 2008-11-22
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 7/12/2008, 7:14 pm

Great job once again Jay,

The podcast was very informative, I hope that we will have a lot of freedom with creating our ship's crew (ie choosing their race, skin colour, height, weight etc).

Looking forward to seeing some of those pics, have been trying to find that article everywhere with no luck. I agree with what Coco said in his post on another thread, we need to elaborate on what our mandate is as the Knights Templar.

keep 'em coming,

Cyber
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Number of posts : 1178
    Registration date : 2008-11-22
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 7/12/2008, 7:21 pm

Coco wrote:One thing that struck me and hasn't been mentioned here yet is the point Jay touched on in the cast concerning rotation of members. I'd like to see input from other members about this. I for one being a newbie at this wouldn't mind taking a back seat for a while (needs of the many and what not) but do like the idea of giving us the opportunity to take a shot at different posts within the fleet.

I also agree with this comment, I for one would love to take a stab at it. I know very little about space combat strategy, but I'm a 'hands-on' learner, if I make mistake, I only make it once, besides a great leader is as good as those he leads. It is a great idea to give everyone the chance to take the helm.

I think we are building a great, well founded fleet, I am truly excited with where we are all taking this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 21/11/2018, 2:30 pm