» Greetings from 12th Fleet!
10/2/2013, 1:30 pm by [12th]Lupy

» New forum
17/11/2010, 10:22 am by Coco

» Fleet / Team listings
15/11/2010, 1:14 pm by MaQogh

» Fleet Rep's contact details
7/11/2010, 3:52 pm by Valentine Fox

» End of season 1 (including the EoS Event!)
3/11/2010, 6:27 pm by Blackknight8x

» Hall of Fame
1/11/2010, 8:45 pm by Blackknight8x

» Thoughts So Far
1/11/2010, 7:57 pm by Reuster

» Match details
1/11/2010, 4:07 pm by Ghost_2012

» Match results
1/11/2010, 4:38 am by Valentine Fox

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 26821 messages in 2457 subjects

We have 289 registered users

The newest registered user is GEIMENC

KT PODCAST 1 [ARCHIVED]

jayrelo
    Admin

Number of posts : 388
    Registration date : 2008-11-12
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Human

KT PODCAST 1 [ARCHIVED]

Post by jayrelo on 3/12/2008, 10:42 pm

I'll be trying to post our first fleet podcast on the main site. Its basically me blabbering, but hope its entertaining.

Post all your thoughts here. I'll be updating with exact link to where the file is going, but it'll prolly be on the main page. I'll make a post so you guys know when its up. Smile

Last edited by jayrelo on 8/1/2009, 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Re: KT PODCAST 1 [ARCHIVED]

Post by jayrelo on 4/12/2008, 2:00 am

the podcast is now up and running!

here is the first link for those who have itunes... it'll subscribe you and download the podcast (the link is also on the front page of the main site!):

itpc://knightstemplar.podbean.com/feed

and for those who don't have itunes, you can click here for the hosting place:

http://knightstemplar.podbean.com/

enjoy!
    Freejack

Number of posts : 292
    Registration date : 2008-11-20
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Post by Freejack on 4/12/2008, 8:06 am

Jaylo!

Thx for the GI info. I can downlow almost any game I want, but I couldn't find a scan of that mag anywhere! Maybe EA and SONY should look to Game Informer Magazine for piracy solutions rather than using SECurom malware. Rolling Eyes

That podcast was the shizzle. I liked 99% of the content and wanted to link to it on my website, but in the final 90 seconds you started bashing the LCARS theme. I only use it because it is recognizable, but has it really become cliche' enough to be abandoned altogether?

I really like the interface and am now curious what is it about the interface panels that you don't like? Overused? Ugly colors? You see, in Las Vegas we had "The Experience" where they built an exact replica of the TNG Enterprise Bridge. The tour would walk you through the bridge (across the rearward upperdeck portion) but it wasn't like a free-for-all were people fought to sit in the captain's chair. Actors were in place at the various consoles pushing touch-screens that did nothing, but that is what intrigued me the most. I knew it was all fake, but what if it was real? There's no steering wheel, or crank, or driveshaft; this thing could be flown by touch, and LCARS is a big part of that.

Ah well, I'm focusing on the manini. The podcast was awesome. Mind if I link to it? And how often do you plan to cast? Scan the friggin' GI article and email me good stuff!

cheers cheers cheers
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 4/12/2008, 9:42 am

naw, your webbie is fine. its tempered lcars, i've seen bright color lcars that could make the carebears jealous.

i too have been to the vegas the star trek experience, many times when it was the tng version. (one of my ex's parents lived in vegas, so i did weekly trips there to do star trek and do texas holdem tournaments at bellagio)

also, my scanner didn't seem to work, but i'll figure stuff out on the pictures. and link away friend!

(i also posted this on your forum. Smile

Freejack wrote:Jaylo!

Thx for the GI info. I can downlow almost any game I want, but I couldn't find a scan of that mag anywhere! Maybe EA and SONY should look to Game Informer Magazine for piracy solutions rather than using SECurom malware. Rolling Eyes

That podcast was the shizzle. I liked 99% of the content and wanted to link to it on my website, but in the final 90 seconds you started bashing the LCARS theme. I only use it because it is recognizable, but has it really become cliche' enough to be abandoned altogether?

I really like the interface and am now curious what is it about the interface panels that you don't like? Overused? Ugly colors? You see, in Las Vegas we had "The Experience" where they built an exact replica of the TNG Enterprise Bridge. The tour would walk you through the bridge (across the rearward upperdeck portion) but it wasn't like a free-for-all were people fought to sit in the captain's chair. Actors were in place at the various consoles pushing touch-screens that did nothing, but that is what intrigued me the most. I knew it was all fake, but what if it was real? There's no steering wheel, or crank, or driveshaft; this thing could be flown by touch, and LCARS is a big part of that.

Ah well, I'm focusing on the manini. The podcast was awesome. Mind if I link to it? And how often do you plan to cast? Scan the friggin' GI article and email me good stuff!

cheers cheers cheers
    Coco
    Admin

Number of posts : 2644
    Registration date : 2008-11-25
    Medals :

Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Vulcan

Post by Coco on 4/12/2008, 10:05 am

I second that, a great podcast and very informative. Especially the GI part (which has ridiculous price to ship) was very interesting. Also fleet limit will be revisited so it's good to touch on it now (also for people visiting via STO). Like you mentioned in the news section which I saw after my post btw, you proposed a soft limit. I think that's the way to go for now.
    And yes it was Nog Smile

Great cast!! cheers
    jayrelo
    Admin

Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

Post by jayrelo on 4/12/2008, 10:13 am

thanks! i'll be making another one quite soon, a lil longer, with more info from the article. last nite was a 'wing it' podcast, just to see if the fleet enjoyed it, so i'm glad it wasn't annoying. Smile i don't want to do it if no one listens. :p

also, thats about the funniest avatar i've seen in a while. kudos.

Coco wrote:I second that, a great podcast and very informative. Especially the GI part (which has ridiculous price to ship) was very interesting. Also fleet limit will be revisited so it's good to touch on it now (also for people visiting via STO). Like you mentioned in the news section which I saw after my post btw, you proposed a soft limit. I think that's the way to go for now.
    And yes it was Nog Smile

Great cast!! cheers
    b0d0g/Jim

Number of posts : 110
    Registration date : 2008-11-19
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

new pod cast

Post by b0d0g/Jim on 4/12/2008, 12:07 pm

it was my 1st podcast. good job, hope to hear more.
    Cyberdurc22
    Admin

Number of posts : 1178
    Registration date : 2008-11-22
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet

podcast

Post by Cyberdurc22 on 4/12/2008, 2:28 pm

Great job Jay,

It was quite informative, thanks. It has whet my appetite more for STO, can't wait till we can actually unify the fleet with our ships and bases etc.

Looking forward to the pics, sounds like Cryptic Studios is putting together a decent game. The proof will be in the pudding though.

I agree that we should not get too into a strict infrastructure for the fleet, or grow too big. I still think we should have a core group of fleet admirals if you will, kinda like having a council. Not actually the giving orders type, but a council of sorts to provide feedback, make some loose rules and make decisions...like it it or not as casual as you may want the fleet to be some structure will be needed and having a council, or committee in place can help place order in a potentially chaotic scenario...the fleet can still be large, but this group of lets say 20 people could be the main committee where fleet members could go with questions.

don't worry about how the main site looks, we'll work together to build up the KT website, I'm sure we all have some feedback we could add to the site.

I agree that there should not be too much LCARS in game or on our site, don't get me wrong they are cool in moderation, but like anything else, too much of one thing sucks. Besides they are used everywhere, a different type of inter face would be better, but we'll see what Cryptic decides for their game.

Once again great job with the podcast, keep them coming.

Cyber
    5"gunner

Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2008-12-01
    Medals :
    Ribbons :

Character sheet
    Race: Vulcan

Post by 5"gunner on 4/12/2008, 4:14 pm

Superb cheers

Sponsored content